Funding from generous donors like you allows us to continue providing vital services and supports to 200 individuals with intellectual/development disabilities in Cape May County. Your support sustains healthcare, housing, employment and vocational training, education, and many other services.
Ways to Support the Arc of Cape May County
Did you know that your employer may match your donation to The Arc of Cape May County? If your employer offers a matching gift program, please request a matching gift form from them and submit it to us with your donation to The Arc.
Three easy steps to make a matching gift:
- Make a donation to The Arc of Cape May County.*
- Request your employer’s matching gift form. Complete your portion of the form and mail, fax or email the form to us.
- That’s it! We’ll handle the rest to ensure that your company helps to double the donation you made to The Arc.
*If you prefer you can send a check payable to The Arc of Cape May County, and mail to
The Arc of Cape May County, PO Box 255, South Dennis, NJ 08245-0255
You can make a gift online! The Arc of Cape May County allows you to make a one time gift or regular, automated donations to The Arc on a monthly basis. Not only does this program help achieve your charitable goals, but it also gives The Arc of Cape May County the financial stability to plan for our community’s changing needs.
If your situation changes and you would like to modify or cancel your donation, you can contact Alex Coll at 609-861-7100 ex. 118.
Giving a gift of stock or mutual fund is an easy way to support The Arc of Cape May County. Just as with cash gifts, you will receive a federal income tax donation for the full market value of any securities you donate, as long as you have owned them for at least one year. You may also avoid the capital gains taxes you would owe if you sold these securities.
You can mail your donation to:
The Arc of Cape May County
P. O. Box 255
822 Route 47
South Dennis, NJ 08245
Support and empower individuals served by The Arc of Cape May County directly from your IRA.
- If you are 70 ½ or older and have an IRA fund, you will need to withdraw a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- Avoid tax penalties by gifting all or a portion of this amount of The Arc. Each dollar you donate will count towards your RMD for 2019.
- Call your financial advisor, and ask them to send the specific dollar amount you determine directly to The Arc of Cape May County.
- Your gift must be completed by December 31, 2019.
The Arc of Cape May County’s IRS ID # 22-2271013
- Honor someone’s memory, birthday, anniversary, or other occasion with a tribute gift to The Arc of Cape May County.
- Upon making a tribute donation in someone’s name, The Arc of Cape May County sends an acknowledgment card to the honoree or their family. For tax purposes, you will also receive a letter crediting this donation.
The Arc partners with Melwood Charity Car Donation Center,
a non-profit agency, to manage and operate our vehicle donation program.
To donate today please call 1-877-272-2270
Benefits of Donating Your Car
- Free towing whether your vehicle is running or not.
- You can donate your automobile from anywhere in the country.
- Eliminates the hassle of repairing, advertising and selling your car—let our courteous, trained staff handle all the details.
- Potential IRS tax deduction.
- Supports the vision of The Arc – a world where people with disabilities are fully included. Your donation directly supports our advocacy, programs and services.
If you would like to donate your vehicle to The Arc of Cape May,
Please call Melwood Charity Car Donation Center at 1-877-272-2270.
Melwood Hours of Operation
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 8 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 7 pm (EST)
When calling, you must have the vehicle identification number (VIN) and the title of the car on hand.
Vehicles will be picked up within 1-2 business days.
How to Maximize Your Tax Donation
- Vehicle donations made to a charitable nonprofit organization are tax-deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique.
- In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck or other vehicle. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the total deduction claimed on the tax return exceeds $500, Form 8283 “Non-cash Charitable Contributions” must also be completed and attached.
- To learn more about what a donors responsibilities are prior to making a car donation, please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303. This file may be read with Adobe Reader.