ABOUT THE ARC OF CAPE MAY COUNTY
The Arc of Cape May County is a non-profit organization that provides comprehensive services and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ensuring a lifetime of achievement with dignity and full partnership in the community. We are changing public attitudes and fostering respect, access, and inclusion.
The Arc of Cape May County in South Dennis, NJ is seeking to hire a Maintenance Mechanic to be responsible for the completion of routine maintenance tasks in the homes and buildings operated by the agency. This responsibility includes preventative maintenance tasks and repair activities as needed, including drywall repair, interior and exterior painting, repair of equipment and building structures, plumbing tasks, basic electrical work, power-washing, etc.
We offer generous benefits including health, prescription, vision, dental, paid time off, group-term life insurance, and a retirement plan. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today!
Bona Fide Occupational Competencies:
- Three (3) years of broad-based experience with household and building maintenance repair work;
- Current driver’s license valid in the state of New Jersey and driving record acceptable to insurance and regulatory requirements;
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule as assigned or established to address maintenance emergencies;
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.;
- Must have own hand tools;
- Must submit to a criminal background check, and be determined to be not disqualified by the Department of Human Services prior to working with or in the presence of individuals served;
- Must agree to have name checked against the Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities;
- All employees hired after 6/15/18 shall submit to drug testing prior to employment;
- All employees shall submit to drug testing conducted randomly and for cause;
- All employees hired after 7/16/18 shall complete an application to have their name checked against the Child Abuse Registry Information (CARI);